For many businesses, Facebook is the 500-pound gorilla. You either tame it, or you remain invisible. Remember, there is a ton of competition, including plenty of local companies that believe all the traffic should go to them.
So how do you start?
Create a Facebook business page
- This is the place you start, and you should use all 5,000 characters available wisely.
- This takes planning. Don't just throw up your Facebook page up and hope to attract attention. YOu will be promptly ignored.
Have something new and of value constantly.
- Attention spans are really short on Facebook. One post and you're done just doesn't cut it.
- Post at least weekly, and be sure it's worthy of attention. Facebook is not for boring businesses.
Add backlinks from others
- Backlinks on your Facebook page are the way to build an authentic business site that
- attracts not only viewers but search engines like Google.
Use videos to attract attention
- One 60 second video can say more than 200 text pages. If you aren't using video, you'll always have a hum-drum Facebook site.
Utilize reviews and testimonials
- People don't know who to trust. So reviews and testimonials provide them with the
- social proof they need to try your business.