To add AdSense in Google Tag Manager, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Create a new tag by clicking on "Tags" from the left-hand sidebar and selecting "New" in the top-right corner.
- Name your tag something descriptive, like "AdSense Tag".
- Click on the tag configuration section to choose a tag type. In the search bar, type "AdSense" and select the "Google AdSense" option.
- Configure the AdSense tag by filling in the following details:
AdSense Tag ID: Enter your AdSense Tag ID provided by Google AdSense. This ID is in the format "ca-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX".
Format: Choose the ad format you want to display on your website.
Slot ID: (Optional) Enter a custom slot ID if you have specific ad placements.
- Set up a trigger for the tag to determine when and where it fires. You can choose an existing trigger or create a new one based on conditions such as page URL, page path, or other variables.
- Save the tag configuration, and review the tag summary to ensure all information is correct.
- Click on the "Submit" button in the top-right corner of the screen to publish the changes to your Google Tag Manager container.
- Test the implementation by navigating to your website and checking if the AdSense ads are displayed correctly.
- Once you have verified that the ads are working as expected, you can deploy the changes to your live website.
Remember to comply with Google AdSense Program Policies and guidelines to avoid any violations and potential account issues.