To get a short URL for your YouTube channel, you need to meet the eligibility criteria set by YouTube. Here's the process:
- Meet the requirements: You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a custom URL:
Have at least 100 subscribers.
Be at least 30 days old.
Have an uploaded photo as a channel icon.
Have uploaded channel art.
- Open YouTube Studio: Go to YouTube Studio by clicking on your channel icon in the top right corner of YouTube's homepage, then selecting "YouTube Studio."
- Go to channel settings: In YouTube Studio, click on the "Settings" option in the left-hand menu.
- Customization tab: Click on the "Customization" tab on the left-hand menu.
- Set a custom URL: Under the Channel URL section, if your channel is eligible, you will see a link that says "Set a custom URL for your channel." Click on it.
- Check URL availability: YouTube will provide a few options for your custom URL. You can select any of the available options or request a new one. Check the availability of the URL you want, and if it's available, click on "Select" next to it.
- Confirm your URL: Once you've agreed to the terms, click on "Change URL" to confirm your selection.
Note: Keep in mind that you can only change your URL three times a year, so choose carefully.
After following these steps, your YouTube channel will have a short custom URL that is easy to share with others.