To hide the directory name from the URL using .htaccess, you need to enable the RewriteEngine and rewrite the URL using mod_rewrite rules. Here is an example of how to do this:
- Open the .htaccess file in the root directory of your website.
- Enable the RewriteEngine by adding the following line:
- Add a RewriteRule to rewrite the URL:
RewriteRule ^old-directory/(.*)$ /$1 [L]
This rule will remove "old-directory" from the URL and rewrite it to the root directory.
- Save the .htaccess file and upload it to your website's root directory.
- Test the new URL structure by accessing a page that was previously in the "old-directory" by using the new URL format.
Please note that this method requires the mod_rewrite module to be enabled on your server. Additionally, make sure to replace "old-directory" in the RewriteRule with the actual name of the directory you want to hide.