WordPress and Node.js can coexist on the same server and can work together to create powerful web applications. Here are the steps to run WordPress along with Node.js:
- Install WordPress: Install WordPress on your server using a web host or manually. Ensure that WordPress is properly installed and running before proceeding.
- Install Node.js: Install Node.js on your server if it is not already installed. You can follow the installation instructions provided by the official Node.js website.
- Install the WP REST API: The WP REST API is a WordPress plugin that provides a RESTful API for WordPress. This allows you to use WordPress as a backend for your Node.js application. Install the WP REST API plugin and activate it in your WordPress dashboard.
- Create a Node.js Application: Create a new directory for your Node.js application and create a new file called app.js. In this file, you can use the WP REST API to fetch data from your WordPress site and use it in your Node.js application. You can also use Node.js to handle other tasks such as authentication and user management.
- Install Required Node.js Modules: Install the required Node.js modules using npm. You can install the modules required for your Node.js application by running the following command in your terminal: npm install
- Start your Node.js Application: Run your Node.js application by running the following command in your terminal: node app.js
Your WordPress site and Node.js application are now running on the same server and can communicate with each other using the WP REST API. You can use Node.js to create dynamic applications that leverage the content and functionality of your WordPress site.