To update or replace the robots.txt file in AWS CloudFront, you need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the CloudFront console.
- Click on the Distribution tab and select the relevant distribution from the list.
- Go to the Behaviors tab and select the behavior for which you want to update the robots.txt file.
- Click on the Edit button next to Default(*) or create a new behavior if needed.
- In the Edit Behavior dialog, scroll down to the Cache and origin requests section.
- Under "Cache behavior settings", click on "Forward all query strings" or "Forward none (Caching Disabled)" based on your requirement.
- Go to the Whitelist query string tab and click on "Choose Whitelist Query String" in the "Option" drop-down menu.
- In the one query string per line field, enter ?robots.txt and click on Add.
- Click on the Create button to save the changes.
- The new settings will be applied to the CloudFront distribution, and the robots.txt file should now be updated or replaced.
Note: Keep in mind that it may take a few minutes for the changes to propagate across the CloudFront network.