Schema markup is a type of structured data that provides additional information about a website's content to search engines. It helps search engines to understand the context of the website's content, which can improve the website's visibility and ranking in search results. Here are some tips for using schema markup for ecommerce local SEO:
- Use the LocalBusiness schema markup: The LocalBusiness schema markup is a type of schema that helps search engines to understand the business's name, address, and phone number (NAP) information. Using the LocalBusiness schema markup can help to improve the visibility of the ecommerce store in local search results.
- Include product schema markup: Product schema markup provides additional information about the products that the ecommerce store is selling. It can help search engines to understand the product's name, description, price, availability, and other important details. Including product schema markup can improve the visibility of the store's products in search results.
- Use aggregate rating schema markup: Aggregate rating schema markup provides information about the overall rating of the products sold by the ecommerce store. This can help to improve the visibility of the store's products in search results, as search engines often display the rating of the product in search results.
- Use breadcrumb schema markup: Breadcrumb schema markup provides information about the structure of the ecommerce store's website. This can help search engines to understand the hierarchy of the website's pages, which can improve the visibility of the website in search results.
- Implement schema markup correctly: It is important to implement schema markup correctly to ensure that search engines can properly understand the information provided. You can use Google's Structured Data Testing Tool to check that the schema markup is implemented correctly and to see how search engines interpret the data.
By using schema markup correctly, ecommerce stores can improve the visibility and ranking of their website in search results, which can ultimately lead to more traffic and sales.