There are hundreds of SEO best practices to rank your webpage higher up in Google and other search engines.
Nevertheless, there are a few essentials you will need.
Know your audience and pick your niche to attract them.
- Many people think as a small business they can be everything to everybody. You can't.
- Therefore, know your exact target customer, and how you will attract them.
Analyze your competition.
- You need to know who your competition is and how to best beat them at your game.
Set up your website with the exact keywords you will use to attract search traffic.
- Spend hours on your keywords, because, without them, you'll be nearly invisible on the web.
Expect it will take a significant amount of time to rank well.
- Everyone knows that the top 3 ranked websites get the lion's share of the traffic, but do they know it takes around 3 years to get there? Figure out how you will be profitable in the meantime.
Have a very personable voice
- People want to buy from people they like on the web, not from some distant, boring business.
The best SEO practices are to ensure people pay attention to you. Then, add to this the normal SEO practices on top.