To enable or disable the automatic website mute feature in Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Type "chrome://flags" in the address bar and press Enter.
- In the search bar on the Flags page, type "sound."
- Look for the option called "Sound content setting" or "Enable tab audio muting UI control."
- Depending on the version of Chrome you have, the option may be slightly different.
- Click on the dropdown menu next to the option and select "Enabled" to enable the feature, or "Disabled" to disable it.
- A prompt will appear at the bottom of the screen asking you to relaunch Chrome to apply the changes. Click on "Relaunch Now."
- Once Chrome restarts, the automatic website mute feature will be either enabled or disabled based on your selection.
Please note that the steps and options may vary slightly depending on the version of Chrome you are using.