To use Google Analytics to count clicks on a button, you can set up an event tracking code in your website. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Google Analytics account and select the website you want to track.
- Navigate to the "Admin" section.
- In the "Property" column, click on "Tracking Info" and then "Events."
- Turn on "Event tracking."
- Add an event category, action, and label to describe the button you want to track. For example, you can set the category to "Button," the action to "Click," and the label to "Learn More."
- In your website's HTML code, add the event tracking code to the button you want to track. Here's an example:<button onclick="ga('send', 'event', 'Button', 'Click', 'Learn More');">Learn More</button>
In the code above, the "onclick" attribute triggers the event tracking code when the button is clicked. The "ga" function sends the event data to Google Analytics.
- Save and publish the changes to your website.
Once the event tracking code is set up, you can view the data in Google Analytics by navigating to "Behavior" > "Events" > "Top Events." You should be able to see the number of clicks on the button you tracked under the event category, action, and label you specified.