To change a website's description on Google, you need to follow these steps:
- Log into your Google Search Console account. If you don't have one, you can create a new account by visiting https://search.google.com/search-console/.
- Click on the property of the website you want to change the description for, or add the property if you haven't done so already.
- After selecting the property, click on the "URL Inspection" tool in the left-hand menu. This tool allows you to inspect specific URLs on your website.
- In the text box provided, enter the URL of the page for which you want to change the description and click on the "Enter" or "Search" button.
- Google will process the request and display information about the URL, including the current description that appears in search results.
- If you want to change the description, click on the "Request Indexing" button.
- When prompted with a message "URL is not on Google," select the option to submit the URL to Google for reindexing. This will allow Google to crawl the page and update its information.
- Google will then re-crawl the page and update the description in search results. It may take some time for the changes to reflect, so be patient.
Note that while you can request Google to change the description, there's no guarantee that they will use the description you provide. Google often generates descriptions based on the content of the page and the user's search query.