To add a description to your Google Maps listing, follow these steps:
- Open Google My Business: Go to the Google My Business homepage (https://www.google.com/business/) and sign in with your Google account. If you haven't created a Google My Business account yet, follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.
- Select Your Business: Once you're logged in, you'll see a list of your business locations (if you have multiple). Choose the specific business for which you want to add a description.
- Go to the Info Section: On the left-hand side menu, click on "Info." This will take you to the editing section for your business listing.
- Edit Description: Scroll down until you find the "Add Description" section. Click on the pencil icon next to it to edit.
- Write Your Description: In the text box, add a brief and engaging description of your business. You can include information about your products, services, unique features, or anything that highlights what makes your business special. Try to keep it concise but informative, as there is a character limit.
- Preview and Publish: After writing your description, click on the "Preview" button to see how it will appear in search results and Google Maps. Make any necessary adjustments, and when you're satisfied, click on the "Publish" button.
- Verify Changes: Google may ask you to verify your business changes through a postcard or phone depending on the verification method you've chosen. Follow the instructions to complete the verification process if prompted.
Once your changes have been verified, the description you added will be visible to users in your Google Maps listing. Keep in mind that it may take some time for the description to appear to the public as Google updates its database.