To check Google Analytics configurations, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click on the "Admin" tab in the lower-left corner of the page.
- Under the "Account" column, click on the dropdown menu and select the appropriate account.
- Under the "Property" column, select the specific property you want to check.
- Under the "View" column, click on the dropdown menu and select the view you want to review.
- In the View Settings section, you can check and update various configurations, including:
View name: Verify that the name of the view accurately represents the website or app you are tracking.
Time zone: Ensure that the time zone is set correctly to match your target audience.
Currency display: Check if the currency is set correctly for proper reporting.
Bot Filtering: Enable the Bot Filtering feature to exclude known bots and spiders from your reports.
Site search tracking: If applicable, configure site search settings to track internal site searches.
Exclude URL Query Parameters: Specify any query parameters that you want to exclude from your reports.
AdWords linking: Check if your AdWords account is linked properly to track paid campaigns.
Enhanced Link Attribution: Enable this option if you want to track buttons and links separately.
- Review other sections and options in the Admin panel, such as Goals, Filters, and Custom Definitions, to ensure they are configured correctly for your tracking needs.
- Once you have reviewed and made any necessary changes, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page to apply your configurations.
Regularly checking and reviewing your Google Analytics configurations helps ensure accurate data tracking and reporting for your website or app.