To install Google Tag Manager SDK into a Swift project, you can follow these steps:
- Open your Xcode project and make sure your project is connected to your Git repository or any other dependency manager like Cocoapods or Carthage.
- Navigate to your project's root directory using the Terminal or command line.
- Use a dependency manager to add the Google Tag Manager SDK to your project. Below are the installation steps for both Cocoapods and Carthage:
Run pod init to create a Podfile if you don't have one already.
Open the Podfile and add the following line:
Save the Podfile and run pod install in the Terminal. This will download and install the Google Tag Manager SDK.
Run touch Cartfile to create a Cartfile if you don't have one already.
Open the Cartfile and add the following line:
Save the Cartfile and run carthage update --platform iOS in the Terminal. This will download and build the Google Tag Manager SDK.
- After the installation is complete, open your project workspace/project file in Xcode.
- Import the Google Tag Manager SDK in your Swift files that require it:
- You can now proceed with using the Google Tag Manager SDK and follow the documentation provided by Google for implementation and usage.
Remember to regularly update the SDK by running the necessary commands in the Terminal or command line when new versions become available.