To set up a wholesale store in WooCommerce, follow these steps:
- Install WooCommerce plugin: Install and activate the WooCommerce plugin on your WordPress website. Go to Plugins > Add New, search for "WooCommerce," and click "Install Now" and then "Activate."
- Configure WooCommerce settings: After activating WooCommerce, go to WooCommerce > Settings. Set up your store details, currency, shipping, tax, payment gateways, and other necessary settings as per your wholesale store requirements.
- Install Wholesale Plugin: Install a wholesale-specific plugin like "WooCommerce Wholesale Prices" or "Wholesale Suite" to add wholesale functionality. Go to Plugins > Add New, search for the plugin, install and activate it.
- Configure wholesale settings: Depending on the wholesale plugin you choose, configure its settings. Typically, you can define wholesale user roles, wholesale pricing levels, minimum order quantities, etc.
- Set up Wholesale User Roles: Create a wholesale customer role or roles for your wholesale buyers. This allows you to control access and customize pricing for wholesale users. Some wholesale plugins automatically create a wholesale role for you, while others might require manual creation.
- Set Wholesale Pricing: Configure pricing for your wholesale products. This may involve adding wholesale pricing options, tiered pricing levels based on quantities, or different prices for different wholesale user roles. Wholesale plugins often integrate with WooCommerce product settings, making it easy to manage wholesale pricing.
- Assign Wholesale Roles and Pricing: Assign the wholesale user role(s) to your wholesale customers. This can be done manually for existing users or set up automatically for new registrations. Ensure that prices and discounts reflect the assigned wholesale role for each customer.
- Hide retail prices: Hide retail prices from wholesale users to ensure they only see wholesale pricing. This feature is usually available in wholesale plugins, allowing you to toggle the visibility of prices for different user roles.
- Test and refine: Test your wholesale store functionality, including user registrations, wholesale pricing, ordering, and any other wholesale-specific features. Make any necessary adjustments based on your testing and user feedback.
- Promote your wholesale store: Once everything is set up, promote your wholesale store to potential buyers. This may involve outreach to other businesses, advertising, participating in wholesale marketplaces, or building relationships with wholesale buyers.
Remember to regularly update and maintain your wholesale store by keeping your product catalog updated, managing customer accounts, and refining your pricing and discounts based on market conditions.