To set up taxes in WooCommerce, you can follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on "WooCommerce" in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the "Settings" tab and then click on the "Tax" tab.
- Check the box next to "Enable Taxes" to activate tax calculations.
- Choose your tax location and tax calculation method. You can choose to tax based on the customer's shipping address, billing address, or store location.
- Configure tax rates for each tax class. Tax classes are used to group products with similar tax rates. By default, WooCommerce includes standard tax classes such as "Standard", "Reduced Rate", and "Zero Rate". You can also create your own tax classes.
- Set up tax rates for each tax class. You can set up tax rates based on a percentage of the product price, a fixed amount per product, or a combination of both.
- Save your changes.
Once you have set up taxes in WooCommerce, the system will automatically calculate taxes for each order based on the customer's location and the tax rates you have set up. It will display the tax amount in the order summary and on the checkout page.