To set up Google Analytics for WooCommerce, you need to follow these steps:
- Create a Google Analytics account: If you do not already have a Google Analytics account, you will need to create one. Go to the Google Analytics website and sign up for an account.
- Install the Google Analytics tracking code: Once you have an account, you will need to install the Google Analytics tracking code on your website. You can do this by adding the tracking code to the header.php file in your WooCommerce theme.
- Install the WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration Plugin: Install the "WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration" plugin from the WordPress plugin repository. This plugin will automatically set up tracking for your WooCommerce store and send data to Google Analytics.
- Configure the plugin settings: After installing the plugin, you will need to configure the plugin settings. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > Google Analytics to set up the plugin.
- Enable E-commerce tracking: In the plugin settings, enable E-commerce tracking to track your WooCommerce store's sales and revenue data in Google Analytics.
- Test the setup: Once you have completed the above steps, it is a good idea to test the setup by making a test purchase on your website and checking if the data is being tracked correctly in Google Analytics.
With these steps, you should now have Google Analytics set up for your WooCommerce store and be able to track important data such as sales, revenue, and customer behavior on your website.