To use a proxy server on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple menu and click on System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Network icon.
- In the Network settings, select the network connection you want to configure with a proxy server.
- Click on the Advanced button located at the bottom right corner.
- In the Advanced settings, go to the Proxies tab.
- Check the box next to the type of proxy server you want to use: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, or SOCKS.
- Fill in the proxy server details, such as the server address and port number, provided by your network administrator or proxy service provider.
- If your proxy server requires authentication, check the box and provide the username and password.
- Once you have entered the necessary information, click on the OK button.
- Click the Apply button in the Network settings window to save the changes and enable the proxy server for the selected network connection.
Your Mac should now be configured to use the proxy server for the selected network connection.