External linking plays a crucial role in improving local SEO for ecommerce websites. Here are some tips on how to effectively use external linking for ecommerce local SEO:
- Submit your website to local directories: Identify and submit your ecommerce website to relevant local directories such as Google My Business, Yelp, Yellow Pages, TripAdvisor, and industry-specific directories. These directories often provide opportunities for external linking, helping local customers discover your website.
- Build local partnerships: Establish relationships with local businesses, organizations, and influencers. Collaborate on content creation, guest blogging, or cross-promotions to gain external links and increase your website's visibility.
- Encourage customer reviews: Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on platforms like Google My Business, Yelp, or industry-specific review sites. These reviews often include links to your website, boosting your local SEO efforts.
- Seek out local sponsorships or partnerships: Sponsor local events, sports teams, charities, or non-profit organizations and request a link back to your ecommerce website. This helps generate relevant local backlinks, improving your search ranking for local search queries.
- Engage in local content creation: Create valuable and informative content specifically targeting your local audience. This could include blog posts, infographics, or videos that address local topics, events, or trends. Share this content on social media and reach out to local influencers or media outlets to generate external links.
- Leverage social media: Develop a strong presence on social media platforms and actively promote your products, services, and local initiatives. Engage with local influencers, share user-generated content, and encourage others to link to your ecommerce website.
- Build relationships with local bloggers and influencers: Reach out to local bloggers, influencers, or industry experts who have a significant following within your target market. Offer them relevant and engaging content or exclusive discounts to encourage them to link to your website.
Remember, when building external links, ensure they come from reputable sources related to your industry or location. Also, avoid obtaining links from low-quality or spammy websites as they can harm your SEO efforts.