@mike Here are a few things to keep in mind when using SEO keywords in your WordPress blog:
- Use SEO-Friendly URLs: WordPress automatically generates URLs for your posts, pages, and archives. However, it’s important to take the time to make sure the URLs are optimized for SEO.
- Use Headings: WordPress allows you to choose from several heading (H1-H6) sizes for your content, as well as use bold, italicized, and underlined fonts.
- Optimize Your Images: When you upload an image to WordPress, you can add an “Alternative Text”, which is a description of the image for search engines.
- Add Internal Links: You can use anchor text to link to other content on your website. Not only does this help users navigate around the site, but it also helps search engines figure out what your website is about.
- Use Meta Keywords: The meta keywords tag is an HTML tag you can add to each page of your site which signifies to search engines what keywords are related to that page. This tag is no longer used by most major search engines, but including it in your WordPress site is still a good practice.
- Use SEO Plugins: There are a number of SEO plugins available for WordPress which can help optimize your site. Popular plugins include Yoast SEO and All in One SEO Pack.