Firefox Lockwise is a password manager provided by Mozilla, the organization behind the Firefox web browser. It is designed to securely store and manage passwords, making it easier for users to access their login credentials across devices and websites.
Here's how Firefox Lockwise works:
- Password Storage: When you save a password while using Firefox, Lockwise securely stores it in its encrypted database.
- Sync Across Devices: Firefox Lockwise syncs the saved passwords across devices connected to the same Firefox account. This allows you to access your login information from different devices.
- Autofill: When visiting a website for which you have saved login credentials, Lockwise can automatically fill in the username and password fields, saving you from typing them manually.
- Password Generation: Lockwise can create strong and unique passwords for each website, eliminating the need to remember or reuse passwords.
- Security Monitoring: Firefox Lockwise also includes a built-in password monitoring feature that alerts you if any of your saved passwords are involved in a known data breach.
- Accessibility: Lockwise provides easy-to-use interfaces on both desktop and mobile devices, allowing users to manage and access their passwords conveniently.
Overall, Firefox Lockwise aims to simplify password management, enhance security, and protect users' confidential information.