To enable or disable the automatic session restore feature in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Open Firefox web browser on your computer.
- Click on the menu button at the top right corner of the window. It looks like three horizontal lines stacked on top of each other.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Options" (Windows) or "Preferences" (Mac).
- In the Options or Preferences tab, click on the "Privacy & Security" tab on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the "History" section.
- Under the "History" section, you will find the option "Firefox will: Remember history." By default, this option is selected.
To enable the automatic session restore feature: Leave the "Remember history" option selected.
To disable the automatic session restore feature: Select "Use custom settings for history" and uncheck the box next to "Restore previous session."
Note: Disabling the automatic session restore feature will prevent Firefox from restoring your previous browsing session if the browser unexpectedly closes or restarts.