To set up and use Chrome Remote Desktop, follow these steps:
- Install the Chrome Remote Desktop extension on both the computer you want to access remotely and the computer you'll be using to access it.
- On the computer you want to access remotely, open the Chrome Remote Desktop app and click "Get started" under "My computers."
- Sign in to your Google account if prompted.
- Click "Enable remote connections," and then click "Set up remote access." Follow the steps to install the Chrome Remote Desktop Host on your computer.
- Once the Host is installed, give your computer a name and set a PIN. You'll need to enter the PIN when you want to connect remotely.
- To access your computer remotely, open the Chrome Remote Desktop app on the computer you'll be using to access it.
- Click the computer you want to access from the list of "My Computers," and then enter the PIN you set earlier.
- Once connected, you can use your remote computer as if you were sitting right in front of it.
Note: Both computers need to be powered on and connected to the internet for Chrome Remote Desktop to work. Also, make sure you trust the person you're granting remote access to, as they will have full control over your computer while connected.