To set up two-factor authentication (2FA) in Brave, follow these steps:
- Open Brave and click on the menu icon in the top-right corner (represented by three horizontal lines).
- From the drop-down menu, select "Settings."
- In the Settings tab, click on the "Extensions" option on the left sidebar.
- Look for and click on the "Get more extensions" link.
- In the Chrome Web Store, search for a 2FA extension such as "Authy" or "Google Authenticator."
- Choose an extension that suits your preferences and click on the "Add to Brave" button to install it.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once the 2FA extension is installed, click on its icon in the toolbar to open it.
- Set up an account by clicking on the "Add Account" or "Set Up" option within the extension.
- Follow the specific instructions provided by the 2FA extension you selected to set up your account.
- Typically, you will be asked to scan a QR code using your smartphone's authenticator app (such as Google Authenticator or Authy). Alternatively, you may be provided with a secret key to manually enter into your authenticator app.
- Once your account is successfully set up, the 2FA extension should generate a time-based one-time password (TOTP) for each account you added.
- Whenever you log in to a website or service that supports 2FA, you will need to provide the generated TOTP along with your regular credentials.
Note: Ensure that you securely back up your TOTP codes or secret keys as a precautionary step in case you need to restore or transfer your 2FA setup to a different device.