rel=nofollow to specific external links in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Open the post or page where you want to add the nofollow attribute to the external link.
- In the visual editor, highlight the text of the link that you want to modify.
- Click on the "Insert/edit link" button in the toolbar.
- In the popup window, enter the URL of the external link in the "URL" field.
- In the "Link Text" field, make sure that the text you highlighted earlier is still present.
- Next, click on the "Gear" icon to expand the advanced options.
- In the "Rel" field, type "nofollow".
- Click on the "Add Link" button to save the changes.
The link should now have the
rel=nofollow attribute added to it. If you want to verify that the attribute was added correctly, you can view the HTML code of the post or page and search for the link to see if the
rel=nofollow attribute is present.