To enable or disable the Enhanced Tracking Protection feature in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Launch Firefox browser on your computer.
- Click on the three horizontal lines (menu icon) in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Options" (Windows) or "Preferences" (Mac).
- In the left-side menu, click on "Privacy & Security."
- Scroll down to the "Enhanced Tracking Protection" section.
- Under Enhanced Tracking Protection, you can choose one of the following options:
"Standard" provides protection against known trackers.
"Strict" prevents most trackers but may cause some sites to break.
"Custom" allows you to customize the blocking settings.
- Choose the option you prefer by clicking on the radio button next to it.
- If you want to disable Enhanced Tracking Protection completely, select "Custom" and uncheck the box next to "Tracking protection."
- Close the settings tab.
Enhanced Tracking Protection will now be active according to your selected option.