To create a custom trigger in Google Tag Manager, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Select the desired container where you want to create the trigger.
- Click on "Triggers" in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click on the "New" button to create a new trigger.
- Choose a trigger type based on your requirements. Some common trigger types include:
Page View: Fires when a specific page or group of pages are viewed.
Click: Fires when a certain element on the page is clicked (e.g., button, link, form submission).
Form Submission: Fires when a form is submitted.
Timer: Fires after a certain amount of time has passed on the page.
- Configure the trigger based on your selected trigger type by providing the necessary details and conditions.
- Test the trigger using the "Preview" mode to verify if it fires as expected.
- Save the trigger by clicking on the "Save" button.
- Publish the changes to your container to make the trigger live on your website.
Remember to thoroughly test your trigger to ensure it is functioning correctly before fully deploying it on your website.