To trigger a custom script on a Google Analytics event, you can follow these steps:
- Set up a Google Analytics account: If you haven't already, create a Google Analytics account and set up a property for your website or app.
- Install the Google Analytics tracking code: Add the Google Analytics tracking code to your website or app. This code will collect data and send it to your Google Analytics account.
- Define a custom event: Decide what action on your website or app should trigger the custom script. For example, let's say you want the script to be triggered when a user submits a form.
- Set up an event in Google Analytics: In your Google Analytics account, go to Admin > Property > Events > Overview. Click on "New Event" to create a new event. Define the Category, Action, Label, and Value for the event. For our example, you could set the Category as "Form", the Action as "Submit", and leave the other fields blank.
- Test and monitor: Test the event on your website or app to ensure it is triggering the custom script correctly. Use Google Analytics Real-Time reports to see if the event is being tracked in real-time. Monitor the script's performance and adjust it as necessary.