To remove a sitemap from the Google Search Console, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Google Search Console and navigate to the desired property (website).
- In the left-hand sidebar, click on "Sitemaps" under the "Index" section.
- You will see a list of submitted sitemaps for your website. Identify the sitemap you want to remove.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon next to the sitemap and select "Remove Sitemap".
- A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click on the "Yes" button to proceed.
- Google will remove the sitemap from the Search Console and stop crawling it for indexing purposes.
It's important to note that removing a sitemap from the Google Search Console does not mean that Google will no longer index your site. Google can still crawl and index your website using its regular crawling methods even without a sitemap. If you want to prevent Google from indexing specific pages or directories, you can use robots.txt or meta tags on those pages.