To track two websites with Google Analytics, you need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click on the "Admin" button located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- In the "Account" column, click on the drop-down menu and select the appropriate account under which you want to track your websites.
- In the "Property" column, click on the drop-down menu and choose the option "Create Property."
- Enter the name of the first website in the "Website Name" field.
- Select the appropriate reporting time zone.
- Choose the protocol for your website (HTTP or HTTPS).
- Enter the URL of the first website in the "Website URL" field.
- Configure the remaining settings for the first website as per your requirements.
- Click on the "Get Tracking ID" button.
- Accept the terms of service in the popup window that appears.
- After accepting the terms, you will be redirected to a page displaying your tracking ID and tracking code snippets.
- Copy the tracking ID or tracking code snippet for the first website.
- Go back to the "Property" column in the Admin section and click on "Create Property" again.
- Repeat steps 5-13, but this time entering all the details for the second website.
- Copy the tracking ID or tracking code snippet for the second website.
- Add the first tracking code snippet to every page of the first website you want to track. You can either directly add it to the website's HTML code or integrate it with a content management system or tag management system.
- Similarly, add the second tracking code snippet to every page of the second website you want to track.
- Save and publish the changes made to both websites to enable tracking.
- Once the tracking codes are implemented, you can access the reporting data for each website in your Google Analytics account separately.
Remember, for each website you want to track, follow the same steps but create a new property with a unique tracking ID or tracking code snippet.