In addition to the meta information mentioned above, here are a few other meta tags and strategies you should consider using in 2023:
- Structured Data Markup: Implement structured data markup using schema.org or JSON-LD to provide search engines with additional context about your page's content. This can enhance your search engine visibility and improve the appearance of rich snippets in search results.
- Mobile-Friendly Meta tags: With the increasing use of mobile devices, it's essential to ensure your website is mobile-friendly. Use meta tags like viewport and mobile-specific markup to optimize your site for mobile users.
- Site Speed Optimization: Page load speed is crucial for both user experience and search engine rankings. Use meta tags like prefetch/preload to improve site speed, along with other speed optimization techniques like compressing images, minifying code, and leveraging browser caching.
- Alternative Language Meta tags: If your website is available in multiple languages, use hreflang tags to indicate the language and country targeting of each page. This helps search engines serve the correct version of your content to users in different regions.
- Video and Image Meta tags: If your website includes videos or images, make use of video and image-specific meta tags to provide additional information to search engines. This can help your multimedia content rank higher in relevant search results.
Remember, meta information is just one aspect of SEO and user experience optimization. It's also crucial to focus on creating high-quality, relevant content, user-friendly website design, and strong backlink profiles to achieve long-term success in search engine rankings.