Yes, you can enable or disable hardware acceleration in Brave. Here's how you can do it:
- Open Brave browser and go to the Menu (represented by three horizontal lines) at the top-right corner of the window.
- Click on "Settings" from the dropdown menu.
- In the Settings tab, scroll down and click on "Additional settings" to expand more options.
- Scroll further down and click on "System" from the left sidebar.
- Under the "System" section, you will find the option to enable or disable hardware acceleration. By default, hardware acceleration is enabled. To disable it, toggle off the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option.
- Once you have made the desired changes, restart the browser for the new settings to take effect.
By disabling hardware acceleration, the browser will rely more on software rendering, which can help resolve certain issues related to graphics, image display, or video playback. However, enabling hardware acceleration can enhance overall performance, especially for resource-intensive tasks.