To enable or disable the Pocket integration in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Open Firefox browser on your computer.
- Click on the three horizontal lines button (hamburger menu) located at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- In the drop-down menu, click on "Options" (Windows) or "Preferences" (Mac).
- This will open the Firefox Options or Preferences window. From the left sidebar, select "Privacy & Security".
- Scroll down to the "Firefox Data Collection and Use" section.
- Under that section, you will find the option for "Allow Firefox to install and run studies". Make sure this option is checked, as studies are used to enable or disable features like Pocket.
- Close the Options or Preferences window.
- Restart Firefox for the changes to take effect.
Now to enable or disable the Pocket integration specifically, follow these steps:
- Open a new tab in Firefox.
- Type "about:studies" (without quotes) in the address bar and press Enter.
- This will open the Firefox Studies page.
- Look for a section called "Pocket Shield" on the page.
- If you want to enable Pocket, click on the "Enable" button next to Pocket Shield.
- If you want to disable Pocket, click on the "Disable" button.
- Close the Studies page.
Pocket integration will now be enabled or disabled based on your preference.