Additionally, here are a few best practices to consider when using geographic targeting in a PPC campaign:
- Start broad, then narrow down: If you are unsure about the best geographical locations to target, start with broader targeting options such as countries or regions. As you gather data and insights on performance, you can narrow down your targeting to more specific locations.
- Use location-based keywords: Incorporate location-based keywords into your ad copy and targeting settings. This will help ensure your ads are displayed to users searching for products or services in specific geographic locations.
- Utilize location extensions: Take advantage of location extensions offered by the PPC platform you are using. Location extensions display your business address, phone number, and a map marker with your ads, making it easier for users to find and contact your business.
- Exclude irrelevant locations: Exclude locations where your business does not operate or where you do not want your ads to be shown. This will help eliminate wasted ad spend on irrelevant clicks and improve the efficiency of your campaign.
- Tailor your ad scheduling: Adjust your ad scheduling to display your ads during peak times in specific locations. This can help maximize the visibility of your ads when your target audience is most likely to be active.
- Monitor and adjust mobile targeting: Pay attention to the mobile performance of your campaign as mobile usage varies across different locations. If you find that your ads are not performing well on mobile devices in certain locations, consider adjusting your bid adjustments or targeting settings.
- Test and iterate: Continuously test different geographic targeting options, bid adjustments, ad copy, and landing pages to optimize your campaign's performance. Regularly analyze the data and make necessary adjustments to improve your targeting and drive better results.
Remember, geographic targeting is a powerful tool that can help you reach your desired audience effectively. Tailoring your campaign to specific geographic locations can increase relevancy, generate qualified leads, and ultimately improve your PPC campaign's success.