Here are some tips for using Google AdWords to improve SEO:
- Keyword research: Use AdWords Keyword Planner to identify potential keywords that are relevant to your business and can be used for both paid and organic search campaigns.
- Use valuable ad copy: AdWords ad copy can inform your on-page SEO copy. By testing ad copy for click-through rates, you can also gauge which headlines and descriptions resonate well with your target audience.
- Test landing pages: Use AdWords to test different landing page formats and content to see which pages perform best. Use the lessons learned to optimize your website.
- Maximize your Quality Score: Your Quality Score is determined by a variety of factors, including the relevance of your keywords to your ad groups and text ads, as well as the relevance and quality of your landing pages. Improving your Quality Score can positively impact your ad's position and Ad Rank.
- Use AdWords conversion data for SEO analysis: Track your AdWords conversion data to see which keywords, ads, and landing pages are producing the most conversions. Use that data to determine which pages should be optimized first for organic search.
- Incorporate negative keywords: Negative keywords can help reduce unwanted clicks, improve click-through rates, and increase your Quality Score. By reviewing which keywords are underperforming, you can eliminate wasted ad spend and noise in your on-page copy.