Firefox Monitor for Breach Alerts is a feature provided by Mozilla's Firefox browser that allows users to check if their email addresses have been compromised in any data breaches. It notifies users if their email address appears in any known data breaches, helping them take necessary actions to secure their accounts.
To use Firefox Monitor for Breach Alerts, follow these steps:
- Open the Firefox browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit the Firefox Monitor website (monitor.firefox.com).
- If it's your first time using Firefox Monitor, click on the "Sign Up" button to create an account. If you already have an account, you can sign in directly.
- Enter your email address in the provided field and click on the "Scan" button.
- Firefox Monitor will analyze your email address against a database of known data breaches and inform you if your email address has been found in any breaches.
- If your email address is found in a data breach, follow the recommendations provided by Firefox Monitor to secure your account. This may include changing passwords, enabling two-factor authentication, or being cautious of phishing emails.
Additionally, Firefox Monitor allows you to subscribe to receive alerts if your email address is detected in future data breaches. By subscribing, you will be promptly notified so you can take immediate action to protect your account.