Firefox Monitor for Data Breaches is a feature provided by Mozilla Firefox that allows users to check if their email addresses have been involved in any known data breaches. By monitoring breaches from various sources, Firefox Monitor helps you identify if your personal information has been compromised and provides recommendations to secure your accounts.
To use Firefox Monitor, follow these steps:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Type "monitor.firefox.com" in the address bar and press Enter.
- On the Firefox Monitor page, enter your email address in the provided field and click on "Scan for Breaches."
- Firefox Monitor will analyze your email address and check if it has appeared in any data breaches.
- If your email is found in any breaches, you will receive a notification about the breach, the date it occurred, and what data was involved.
- Firefox Monitor also provides recommendations on securing your accounts, such as changing passwords and enabling two-factor authentication.
It's worth noting that Firefox Monitor does not require you to sign in or share any personal information, ensuring your privacy while checking for data breaches.