The Picture-in-Picture (PiP) feature in Firefox allows you to detach a video from its webpage and view it in a separate floating window that stays on top of other windows. This way, you can continue watching a video while you navigate through other tabs or applications.
To use the Picture-in-Picture feature in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Ensure you have the latest version of Firefox installed on your computer.
- Play a video on a website using Firefox.
- Once the video is playing, locate the PiP icon. It typically appears in the lower-right corner of the video player. The icon looks like a small square with an arrow pointing towards another smaller square.
- Click on the PiP icon, and the video will detach from the webpage and appear in a floating window.
- You can resize and reposition the PiP window as you prefer.
- While the video is in PiP mode, you can control playback (play, pause, seek, etc.) using the controls within the PiP window.
- To exit PiP mode and return the video to its original webpage location, simply close the PiP window or click on the PiP icon again.
Note: The availability of the Picture-in-Picture feature may vary depending on the website and the video player being used.