Firefox Monitor is a feature developed by Mozilla, available in the Firefox web browser that helps you check if your email has been part of a data breach. It allows you to monitor the security of your online accounts by alerting you if your email address is found in any known data breaches.
To use Firefox Monitor, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Firefox web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to the Firefox Monitor website (https://monitor.firefox.com/) or search for "Firefox Monitor" in a search engine.
- On the Firefox Monitor website, enter your email address in the provided field and click on the "Scan" or "Check for Breaches" button.
- Firefox Monitor will then analyze its database of known data breaches to see if your email address has been compromised.
- If your email address is found in a data breach, Firefox Monitor will display the breached websites and the types of data that were compromised.
- Additionally, you can sign up for a Firefox Account to receive alerts if your email address is found in any future data breaches.
With Firefox Monitor, you can stay updated on potential security risks and take necessary actions such as changing passwords or enabling two-factor authentication to secure your online accounts.