To enable or disable auto-playing videos in Firefox, you can follow these steps:
- Open Firefox on your computer.
- Click on the three horizontal lines menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Options" or "Preferences" (depending on your operating system).
- In the Options or Preferences tab, click on "Privacy & Security" in the left sidebar.
- Under the "Permissions" section, you will find "Autoplay" with a settings dropdown menu. Click on "Settings..." next to "Autoplay".
- In the Autoplay Settings popup window, you will see three options:
"Block audio and video"
"Only block autoplay on sites that autoplay with sound"
"Default for all websites" (allow autoplay)
- Select your preference by clicking on the radio button next to the option you want.
To disable auto-playing videos completely, choose "Block audio and video".
To allow auto-playing videos with sound only on specific sites, choose "Only block autoplay on sites that autoplay with sound".
To allow auto-playing videos on all websites, choose "Default for all websites".
- After selecting your desired option, close the Autoplay Settings popup window.
- Restart your Firefox browser for the changes to take effect.
Note: In the latest versions of Firefox, the process may vary slightly based on the operating system and browser version. However, the general steps mentioned above should work for most versions of Firefox.