To enable or disable the automatic download scanning feature in Google Chrome, you can follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the three vertical dots (menu) located at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- From the drop-down menu, click on "Settings."
- Scroll down and click on "Advanced" to expand the advanced settings.
- Under the "Privacy and security" section, click on "Security."
- You will find the option "Safe Browsing" with a checkbox.
- To enable automatic download scanning, ensure the checkbox next to "Safe Browsing" is ticked.
- To disable automatic download scanning, uncheck the checkbox next to "Safe Browsing."
Please note that enabling this feature adds an extra layer of protection by scanning downloads for potentially harmful content. It helps protect your computer from viruses and malware.