To enable or disable the automatic tab grouping feature in Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Type "chrome://flags" in the address bar and press Enter.
- In the search bar on the Experiments page, type "Tab Groups" or "Tab Grid Layout" to quickly find the respective flag.
- Find the flag "Tab Groups" or "Tab Grid Layout" (depending on the version of Chrome you're using).
- Change the flag's setting to "Enabled" to enable the feature or "Disabled" to disable it. Note that sometimes the feature has different names based on the Chrome version.
- Click the "Relaunch" button at the bottom of the page to apply the changes and restart Chrome.
After relaunching Chrome, you should either have the automatic tab grouping feature enabled or disabled, based on your preference.