To track website traffic in Google Analytics, you can follow these steps:
- Create a Google Analytics account: If you don't have a Google Analytics account, you need to create one. Go to the Google Analytics website, sign in with your Google account, and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- Add tracking code to your website: After creating your account, you'll get a tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the header of your website.
- Verify tracking code installation: Once you've added the tracking code to your website, you need to verify that it's installed correctly. You can do this by using the Google Analytics Tag Assistant Chrome extension, which will show you if the tracking code is installed and working properly.
- Set up goals: Goals help you track specific actions that visitors take on your website, such as completing a purchase or filling out a form. To set up goals, go to the Admin section of your Google Analytics account and click on Goals.
- Analyze your data: After setting up your tracking code and goals, you can start analyzing your data. You can view a wide range of metrics in Google Analytics, such as the number of visitors to your website, where they came from, and what pages they visited.
Overall, tracking website traffic in Google Analytics can help you better understand your audience and make data-driven decisions to improve your website's performance.