Verifying your business on Google Maps can help you show up in local search results and increase your online presence. Here are the steps to verify your business on Google Maps:
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you don't have an account, create one.
- Enter your business information, including your business name, address, and phone number.
- Choose a verification option. Google provides several verification methods, including:
- Postcard verification: Google will mail you a postcard with a verification code to the address you provided. Once you receive the postcard, sign in to Google My Business and enter the verification code.
- Phone verification: This option is only available if your business is eligible. Google will call the phone number you provided and give you a verification code. Enter the code in Google My Business to verify your business.
- Email verification: This option is also only available if your business is eligible. Google will send you an email with a verification code. Enter the code in Google My Business to verify your business.
- Follow the prompts to complete the verification process. Once your business is verified, you'll be able to manage your Google My Business listing and make updates to your business information as needed.
Note that verification times can vary, and it may take several days to receive your verification code by mail or email.